As everyone knows is
The 4th of July!! I feel like there should be a choir singing after I say the name. It really is the greatest holiday in the world. Well, besides Christmas, of course. You have to say that Christmas is your favorite holiday or else you'd be a bad person. But I get so excited when I think about parades and barbeques, and family and fireworks, and freedom, and
America! I love reading in the scriptures about how America is the promised land and that if the people here are righteous we will be blessed and prosper. It is a land of opportunity, we are the most blessed nation in the world. And we should never say that with arrogance, but with
gratitude.
Naturally, I figured that every city in every state would celebrate our freedom the way good ole Provo does. I had a harsh awakening when I moved to San Jose over the summer. I discovered that there were very few celebrations going on. No big parade, no downtown rendezvous, no balloon festival, and wimpy fireworks. But I still had the
spirit of the 4th in my heart! At least our ward had a flag raising ceremony, a breakfast, and the little kids rode on their scooters around the church. All in all, it wasn't half bad, but it sure made me miss my party in Provo! I was also going to be sure that everyone knew we loved the 4th. So I dressed up my cuties and we had a great day!
 |
| Here is Evie in all her glory! Doesn't she look great?! |
|
 |
| The mismatched little man, full of spirit! |
We hope to make it back to Utah for as many 4th of July's as we can, but if not...you know who will be dressed up!
1 comment:
It's really hard to top Provo! I remember being back in SC one year doing our traditional July 4th thing and being so disappointed after enjoying Provo's a few times.
Post a Comment