My mom and Danny were able to come out here
for a week to visit us in the summer. We celebrated
our anniversary while they were here, so we were able to have our only date in the summer. We went and saw Planet of the Apes. It was nice to have a night to ourselves. Thanks guys! Wes had to work during the day, but we all had a lot of fun sight seeing! It was also nice to have a few
extra hands helping with the kids. Here are some of the fun things we did:
Japanese Flower Garden (again)
Wes and I had already been here, but we liked it a lot, so we brought my mom and Danny back. I love these pictures, they're just so pretty!
 |
| Wes came with us to this one. |
 |
| We randomly saw this guy fighting alone with his sword being videotaped. |
 |
| Isn't my mom cute? |
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
First we tried to go here on a Monday, but it wasn't open! It is closed Mondays and Tuesdays...pretty strange if you ask me. When we went back, I forgot my camera! So I only have some pictures of the outside. But the inside was really interesting- they had a lot of replica's of famous Egyptian art, and they even had
real mummies. I'm glad we went.
 |
| Some tomb memorial for all the past presidents of the museum. |
 |
| I know it's side-ways...but I don't feel like fixing it right now :). |
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
If you're expecting a zoo...this probably isn't the place to go. Sure, they have some animals- but not enough to call it an official zoo. But the
rides were fantastic for little kids. Evie absolutely loved it!
 |
| Okay, this was the best animal part. She could feed the goats, which she loves to do. |
 |
| She rode each car (policeman and fireman) about 4 times! |
 |
| The ladybug ride. I think we need a membership. |
 |
| Danny with the Danny the Dragon sign. That ride was unforgettable. |
 |
| Riding on Danny the Dragon. |
 |
| An awesome playground. |
 |
| This is called the crooked house. I think it's mostly to look at. |
 |
| We also rode the merry-go-round many, many times. |
Monterey Bay Aquarium
This was by far the
most popular attraction that we visited. It has over 1300 reviews on yelp, 700 on tripadvisor, and hundreds on other sites. And the majority of the reviews are 5 stars. It cost a pretty penny, but we all enjoyed it.
 |
| He won the prize for the cutest baby ever at the aquarium. |
 |
| Grammy and the fishies. |
 |
| There was a wave of water behind glass- it looked like it was going to hit you. Evie got scared every time. |
 |
| Not sure what she's doing here |
 |
| Evie loved the kiddy section where she could dress up like a fish. |
 |
| She also loved playing in the water. |
 |
| It was so fun to have uncle Danny with us. |
 |
| These just look so cool. |
 |
| Hugging the fake sea horse. |
 |
| Isn't that gorgeous? |
 |
| He's still cute. |
|
|
|
|
|
17 Mile drive through Carmel Beach
This was such a pretty drive, I wish I would have taken more pictures to remember it! We'll have to go again with Wes since he missed it.
 |
| Evie really enjoyed the beach...but I was freezing! She definitely got Wes' body temperature. |




Winchester Mystery House
The heiress to the Winchester rifles moved to San Jose and built this ridiculous mansion. She actually never stopped building...something about evil spirits. Crazy lady. Anyway, the house was pretty cool, unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take any pictures inside. Pretty disappointing, but oh well. So here are some bad shots of the place from the outside.
 |
| The separate gun museum. Wes was able to come with us to this one. |
Wes' Birthday
Wes celebrated his 25th birthday last summer! I wanted to have a big party, but we were away from family...at least most of them. It was so nice that my mom and Danny were able to be there to help celebrate with us. We went to Olive Garden and had cake and ice cream after.
 |
| It doesn't look like much, but it tasted really good! |
 |
| We got good use out of Evie's birthday hats! |
 |
| Um, don't look at the mess. But what's a Sperry birthday without a well thought-out birthday card hand picked by my mom? |
|
Saying Goodbye
It was hard for Evie to say goodbye, but realizing we were going home 2 weeks later made it okay :). We had a great time and are grateful that Grandma and uncle Danny were able to come visit!
Come back to California soon!
1 comment:
We lived in Monterey for a year and a half, I love that place!
Post a Comment