Friday, July 2, 2010

Swing Swing

My sister Allison was nice enough to let us use their swing when Evie was born. She liked it okay at best, but would start crying if I left the room. It had been about 3 months since she had been in it at all, so I decided to move it the our living room, planning to take it to our storage shed. About a week ago, to my surprise, she started playing with it, swinging it back and forth and trying to press the music buttons. So I put her in it. This time she LOVED it! I couldn't believe it; what she was once crying to get out of, she was crying to get into. 

On Monday I put her in it for a long while and finally she seemed ready to get out, or so I thought. I left Evie in the living room to play while I went to the back room to vacuum. Here is a picture of the beloved swing as I left it. 


Evie was being abnormally quite, so I thought something might be wrong. No, nothing was wrong. She was having the time of her life. This is what the scene looked like as I entered back into the living room. She had managed to climb back into her swing, lock the tray back into position, and was swinging herself by holding onto the bar and moving back and forth. I really need to keep my eye on her! 


I took her out to see the process of how she did it. It was fun to watch, but now she thinks it's a game! At least it makes her happy, which makes me happy. I just love this girl! 


Look mom, I did it again!


How could life get any better?

2 comments:

The Felsted's said...

She looks so beautiful Lisa! I love reading your blog!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I finally saved your blog!
My kids loved the swing for climbing and such, I never used it a ton when they were little either.