Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thanks to Ashley

Thanks to Ashley's comment on my blog yesterday, I was highly motivated to update. So these four posts are for you Ash! I was so wrong when I wrote back in October that it wouldn't be too long before I posted again. Can I blame this on pregnancy :)? I think it's funny when pregnancy becomes the culprit for everything that goes wrong in a woman's life.

But my pregnancy has actually been great! I've been right on target for my weight gain, I never got sick, and my fatigue wasn't nearly as bad as it was with Evie. Lately I've only had to worry about waking up in the middle of the night because my bladder is being smashed, heartburn, and backaches. Hopefully all of my pregnancies will be this good, but I have a strange feeling I will continue to get more and more tired with each child. No matter who you are, pregnancy does a number on your body and on your emotions.

Up until today, I have taken any pictures of my belly! Pathetic, I know. But it will be fun to see how much I grow in the next few weeks! Here I am today at 34w 2d.

An up-close of the belly

Please don't mind the "I just got out of the shower" look that I'm sporting
Most of all I ever hear is people telling me how I'm too small. Rest assured, I feel huge and the baby is growing right on! On Monday the doctor even told me that I was measuring small. I was a little worried at first, but he ordered an ultrasound and by his measurements, baby boy was even a few more days ahead than he is supposed to be!
I even got to watch him open and close his eyes! It made me so excited for him to come. Seeing his little face makes this all worth it.

I know this picture isn't great, but can you sort of see his face?
We still haven't picked out a name, but we're narrowing it down so that we'll have some to choose from when he's born. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for updates! Glad to see all the pics! I didn't really think you'd take me up on my reminder. Glad you did!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Oh I love it!
I forgot we were due so close together! I'm 34 weeks on Saturday.

Lisa and Wes said...

Seriously! 5 days! I hope they're born on the same day. But I really still wish you guys lived here. This guy is going to need a buddy.