Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching Up

It is ridiculous how long it has been since I've posted! The truth is that I have been waiting to get Evie's birthday pictures so that I can do things in order. My sisters took pictures, but I just don't have them yet. All I have to do is go to my parents house and put them on a flash drive...but I so easily forget every time I am there!
I feel awful for slacking on my goal of being consistent for 6 months. I guess I will just have to extend it another month (and then I can be as inconsistent as I want :). No, that's not the goal- but I won't feel as bad when I don't have a concrete goal. Which is why I don't like to set goals. Wow, I am just sounding like a greater person every second. Goals are good, and I'm going to be better at setting them. At least that's the goal :).

Instead of waiting for the pictures of Ev's birthday, I will just post one now and then do the rest later. That is a good way to ease my mind of disorder. 

So, without further delay....here she is in all of her glory. She loved her cake and basically downed the whole thing. She along with her chair.


If anyone is wondering why her Uncle Jared and David are asleep, we had Evie's party after the Freedom Festival Parade. Most people in our family don't get very much sleep on the eve of the parade. It is such a fun tradition that we have in our family. Since we grew up on University Avenue in Provo, the parade always went right past our house. We would stay up all night saving seats for our family and friends. When that wouldn't work, we would turn on the sprinklers to save our seats for us (or to steal them back). He he, we're such rebels.

Speaking of the parade, a man from the Salt Lake Tribune took this awesome photo of Evie. It was online the next day. Look at her, walking like a big girl on her birthday! 


My baby is a firecracker! This picture makes me so happy! The 4th and the days around it were so fun this year. My sister Allison came into town, so that was fun to see her family again.

Evie watching the parade from her cousin Addy's princess chair



Here are some pictures from the balloon fest this year. It's too bad that none of the balloons made it into the air the day we went to see them! That sort of made the 6:00 a.m. trip to Fox field not worth it.

The Coke bottle was the closest to making it anywhere, but quickly fell after it got to this point


All the people that had parked themselves under it after it got up, had to make a run for it when it fell down again!

My niece Natalie and me watching the balloons


Spencer and Evie- anxiously waiting for something that would not happen


I love the 4th, I love our country. I feel so grateful that we are in a promised land and we are privileged to enjoy our freedom. This land really is choice above all other lands. Yay for America!!

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Lisa that pro pic is SPECTACULAR!
Like needs to be blown up and framed! How did I miss that her big day was on the 4th!? Great post, I liked it, lots of good stuff.