Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's been too long!



So last night Wes kindly reminded me how I have only written on our blog once, the day I created it for our anniversary. I realized that the reason why I haven't blogged is the same reason why I have a hard time writing in my journal. It's just too easy not to. Like the above quote says, laziness always pays off now :). Now I really don't have a bad attitude about blogs, I just always felt like journal writing needed to be something spectacular. Not only that, I felt like I needed to make up for lost time. So I every time I write, I have to make up for the last year! Now you can see why I have avoided it all together...making up for a years time takes too long. Thankfully, with every realization of a wrong practice, there is a way to fix it.

I recently became the Young Women Personal Progress Leader in my ward. As a YW leader, I am also able to earn my PP award. So, for one of my projects, I am determined to keep a blog to record a little bit of our everyday lives. Hence the name of our blog, everyday Ostlers. Looking back, I should have named it every-year Ostlers. I probably still won't write EVERY day, but my goal is to at least write once a week for at least 6 months. Now that I've published my goal, y'all can help me keep it. I'm counting on Wes to remind me more than anyone. I won't be writing long discourses, but I will write something. And hopefully I'll post a lot of pictures. After all, we do have one cute baby!

Here's one of her the day she was born. Here I go, making up for the past year :)....

For now, I have to get back to my other goal for the day, keeping my house clean. I hope blog writing is easier!

No comments: